How to request employment histories and NIC records from HMRC

by Tax Faculty Team on 03.09.2013 11:15

Some useful new guidance for those making compensation claims or applying for UK citizenship or a passport 

HMRC has issued some rather interesting and helpful guidance on How to request employment histories for compensation claims 

In some situations a person will need details of their employment history or a record of National Insurance contributions paid. HMRC may be able to provide this information, and the new guidance explains how to apply for it. 

The guidance covers requests for records in the following situations: